What to do to cut down on false alarms in Morgantown
False alarms are a real concern for your home’s security. Not only are they a pain to resolve, but they may erode the faith you have in your installation. Luckily, you are able to do a number of things to lessen the frequency of false alarms from your Morgantown security system.
As the first step, ensure that everything is set up properly. This might sound like a no-brainer, but it’s often the case that basic mistakes trigger false alarms. For the next step, watch out for potential sources of false alarms, such as entry points that might be left unsecured mistakenly. And finally, feel free to incorporate the many tools like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in Morgantown.
Is it really that easy? Continue on and discover for yourself.
Can you avoid false alarms in Morgantown?
Just like you would address any issue, the first thing to do is read the manual. Ensure all alarms and sensors are set up properly from your perspective by:
- Executing a system analysis through your touchscreen smart hub.
- Visually inspect each device to ensure it didn't become dislodged or need a new battery.
- Inspect your schedules and presets to ensure that your alarms aren’t activating at inappropriate times.
- Make sure all integrated smart components are configured correctly and aren't conflicting with your home’s alarm.
Reach out to your customer service specialist if you still have problems cutting down false alarms in your Morgantown security system. They'll be happy to schedule a tehnician to inspect your setup.
Inspect your doors and windows
If your installation seems to be alright, the ensuing step is to thoroughly inspect your property. Are your entries closed tightly, or might there be a few mistakenly open? If an entry point is left open, it might activate a motion sensor. In the event your clan consistently neglects to close an entrance, you might want to install a smart locking mechanism that automatically locks when your system is activated. Sadly, windows require additional physical effort, mainly if you have someone who likes to fall asleep with a window cracked. Luckily, your Vivint home security system makes it easy to turn off that device while still shielding the remaining areas of the property.
Home automation is a smart technique to cut down on false alarms in Morgantown
One of the most effective ways to reduce the likelihood of false alarms is to incorporate smart home automation into your alarm system. By using your security app, you’re able to:
- Arrange a schedule to turn off the alarm when you’re on site and prevent false alarms that happen due to absentmindedly unlatching a door or window. Then have it automatically engage again at night as you start your bedtime routine.
- Have your system disengage whenever your smart front door lock is initiated with the proper PIN.
- Utilize geotracking to arm your system as you leave the premises, then disarm when you arrive home for the day.
- Get cell phone alerts when your devices sense abnormal motion or require a fresh battery.
- Pair your home security to a smart assistant like Google Home or Alexa, so you are able to disarm and arm your system without the smartphone app or central interface.
Cut down on false alarms in Morgantown with a Vivint smart home system
An enhanced level of control over your alarm system results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To customize your Vivint smart home, contact (304) 903-6090 or submit the form below.