How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Morgantown smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your security system as it links your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into a single unified system. This intuitive, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel puts you in total charge of your Morgantown home’s automation and security. Get a better idea of how it will help you and explore tips to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Morgantown benefit you?
Wirelessly linking to components through radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your home. You may arm your system, operate lights, set the temperature, and more. When adding a doorbell camera, you can even talk to whoever’s at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub features cellular capability and a backup battery for enhanced reliability. It also offers complete remote operability with the Vivint mobile app.
Here are some of the tasks you can perform:
- Check live or recorded video streams from any linked security cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Switch lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Change your home comfort settings
- Talk directly to monitoring professionals
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Morgantown by programming schedules or initiating preferences. To illustrate, you can have your smart thermostat adjust automatically every night at a certain time. Or, you can add preferences like having your doors unlock when the smoke alarm triggers.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your system
Before you delve into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll have to understand how to arm and disarm your system. It’s straightforward - just abide by these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will still be present in your house and arms all sensors excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be leaving, and all sensors in the home will engage.
- To disarm, just slide down the shield icon and type in your PIN.
You’ll notice a notification if something is blocking the system from arming. For instance, an open door will cue you to take action. Keep in mind that you may still arm the security system by following the steps above. You will then need to verify you wish to bypass the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Morgantown
Despite the fact that many users can be programmed when you first get your system, you will likely want to add or remove a user in the future. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right-hand side of the home screen.
- Touch “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Press “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and press the Next button.
- If you wish to supply the user remote functionality, select phone or email and provide the info to send an request.
- Hit Next and then establish a PIN for this new user.
- To remove a user, just go to the menu, tap users, pick the user you want to delete, and then select “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take command of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-use touchscreen interface? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Morgantown smart home. Call (304) 903-6090 to learn more.